Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] installation problem on Mdk 10.1

Le samedi 08 janvier 2005 à 15:15 +0100, erd lastree net a écrit :

> >> On the other hand, I cannot run GM 1.2 from my user account (only from
> >> root account, which is not a solution...). The error is "gconf error key
> >> (I traduce approximetly) gnomemeeting obtained an incorrect value from
> >> the
> >> gconf key : /apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age (etc...)"
> >
> > Try killing gconfd (or gconfd-2) to have it sync with the schemas.
> > That's a known error in the postinst script of SuSE IIRC. Maybe MdK
> > suffers from the same problem. (If you don't know how killing a process
> > works, plain reboot)

I think you need to use rpm -Uvh, not -ivh. I think -ivh will not
uninstall old versions.

> OK. Killing gconfd-2 did the trick. Thanks Kilian! But I disagree whith
> you on the way to permit/teach/help people to access or install software.
> All is a question of time. You don't have enough time to be an expert in
> each softs. You are an expert on this sub-field of computer science and a
> user on this other sub-field... So, as a user you have to spare time... As
> an expert, things are different!...

Yes but on the other hand, installing software under Mandrake is the
same for every software and is out of scope from the GnomeMeeting
project. So we have to concentrate on GnomeMeeting, not on how to
install GnomeMeeting on distribution X or Y.

--
 _      Damien Sandras