Re: [gtk-list] Re: Newbie gtk questions

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Ian Main wrote:

> Hmm.. I'm wondering why so many people fail to find this tutorial:
>
> http://www.levien.com/~slow/gtk

Found it, printed it, had it bound, but it doesn't talk much about
GtkStyle or GdkFont, and doesn't go that much into gtk_rc_parse() which is
where I had the hardest time. It was very useful for what it covered, but
it needs to be fleshed out. I'd volunteer, except that I hate teaching
people to do things the wrong way.

If anything, my first contribution will be a web based "class-browser" for
gtk and gdk. Think I can do a perl script to generate the whole thing.

> If you want to hardcode your styles, set them before calling
> gtk_rc_parse().. gtk_rc_parse will override any style defined in the file.

Thank you, this was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. the
section on gtk_rc_parse() never said when it could be called, and I made
the assumtion that it had to be called before the widgets are created.