Memory leak or programming mistace

Hi all,
I dont no, if I make a mistake in programming gtk_model or is there a
memory leak.

After first filling the gtk_list_store, I make gtk_list_store_clear and
then filling the model which gtk_list_store_append and
gtk_list_store_set. And the memory usage is growing up. The clear
operation brings no memory back.
What must I do to give the memory from gtk_list_modell free.
In testprogram testgtkview happens the same, the memeory usage is
growing up after every filling gtk_list_store. I use 'memprof' to
control the memory.
Thanks for your help
bernd