Re: [gtk-osx-users] Cannot build for 10.6 after upgrading to XCode 4.4.1

On Sep 15, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Clayton Walker <blender3dartist gmail com> wrote:

> Ohoh! So that's how you compile for older osx versions.
>
> So I've downgraded to 4.4.3, and can now compile for 10.6. Thanks.
>
> Now, if I get the time, I may set up multiple xcode environments.
>
> Also, I don't know if this has been talked to death or not, but why does freetype not configure? It's.... annoying. A bit. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Please remember to CC the list on all your replies (use "Reply All").

Seems unlikely that you downgraded to 4.4.3. Perhaps 4.3.something?

It is indeed annoying. The good news is that as soon as Mathias does a new release of Pango, I'll upgrade the modulesets and Freetype can go away. It's not needed with the CoreText backend, and Behdad fixed up configure so that it isn't required anymore.

In the meantime, I've tried a variety of work-arounds, none successful.

Regards,
John Ralls