Re: gtk+ 1.2.10, Gtk-Perl 0.7008 -- how the heck do I set initial window position?

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 18:14, Jonathan I. Kamens wrote:

I'm coming from Xt & Xaw programming, so I find it hard to understand
why this should be a novel idea -- it's rudimentary functionality
there.

the gdk-level functions typically map almost directly to the Xlib
functions, so you should be able to do a $gtkwindow->show followed by
$gtkwindow->window->move or something similar.

metacity, the default window manager under gnome 2 on redhat 8, is known
for being troublesome with window placement.  good luck.

--
muppet <scott asofyet org>