Re: Bindings Beta1 Tarballs due: Feb 16th.

Murray Cumming said:
> I expect the GTK+ API to be frozen very soon. It absolutely must be
> frozen on the GNOME 2.6.0 date or GNOME 2.6 would be delayed. That is
> very unlikely to happen. And it would be madness to freeze the API at
> the last moment. So, I think our date is OK.

gnome's last tarball was 3 weeks behind if i'm not mistaken, that looks like
it's already slipped to me.

> By the way, our freeze and final dates are already meant to be kind of
> relative to the GTK+/GNOME dates.

the page should reflect that. i vote for, as i've said several times before,
gnome (and depenacnies) + some amount of time, rather than a fixed date.

> So, we stick to the freeze. Does that sound OK?

not really. freezing without at least a week or so of all of the dependancies
being frozen sounds like a really bad idea to me. as it stands now we freeze
in 5 or so days, but gtk+ has yet to even talk about freezing. do whatever you
want we'll either make it or not and it will likely have nothing to do with
our level  of support for the libraries, but on the lack of time to check that
support.

-rm