Re: [sigc] How to use sigc::bind<>

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 09:27, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> Please do consider not including an API if it can't be done simply. Really,
> who needs to bind more than 1 argument?

I often have events that are a simple signal<void>. I use them with a function
that takes the source of the event and an additional parameter and binds both
of them. I used to have lots of sig_some_event.emit(this) but that is
unnecessary for some cases and can always be replaced with bind.

So, for me, the typical case is that I bind all(!) arguments when the signal
is an event or notification, rather than a callback.

Uli

PS: Murray, your mailclient is broken/misconfigured, it swallows the
'In-Reply-To' header...