Re: [sigc] How to use sigc::bind<>

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

From: Paul Davis [mailto:paul linuxaudiosystems com]
Please do consider not including an API if it can't be done simply. Really, who needs to bind more than 1 argument?
me! i don't do it often, but i do it sometimes.

And would it be terrible if you had to write an extra intermediate function
for those rare occasions? Is the gain in those rare occasions worth
difficulty in the general cases?

Correct me.

I thought, we would to use bind if we are going to connect few functions with different argument numbers and/or argument types to same signal. So, for me - I am doing it often enough, and it was sad when I found that I couldn't bind more than 2 extra arguments. On other side I would to call those functions directly in my application (not only as signal handlers), so, I would to save argument specification and don't like to copy every function as callback and find a way to pass extra arguments there.

Sorry for english,
Regards,
-andrew