Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

El mar, 17-02-2004 a las 16:41, Dave Camp escribió:
> I think it would be reasonably to expect the cwd of executed scripts,
> programs, etc. to be the folder being viewed (and ~ in cases where there
> is no folder being viewed, such as the run dialog).  Setting the cwd to
> the location of the binary causes problems (such as apps running in
> /usr/bin) and is inconsistent with any current implementations.

Good idea, but not enough.

1) This introduces a new corner case (if file is shell script, then...)
2) This behavior should also trigger upon opening documents, not just
shell scripts.  This is so I can do a Save as... to save in the same
folder where the file was.  I cannot stress this enough: if I double
click a document in /var/XXX/ZZZ, I *expect* the app to share that
location instead of changing to $HOME.

I don't know what was  the guy who "changed nautilus to cwd $HOME before
running an app" thinking...  perhaps he thought he would hide broken
apps' nuisances this way.  It is organically better to fix broken apps
instead of relying on someone else to provide workarounds.

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net