Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Re: GNOME System Tools 0.26.0

El mar, 20-05-2003 a las 20:00, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 13:39, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
>
> > Help Wanted
> > ===========
> > We still need lots of help from anybody interested in contributing to
> > GST, even if it's only an email letting us know whether the tools worked
> > for your system. You can also submit bug reports at
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org
>
> I sent an email a few days ago asking for some guidance on writing
> backends for FreeBSD, but never heard a reply.  I'm willing to help, but
> I need a little direction first.

yes, sorry very much, the guadec talk and the new releases just took all
my spare time :-(

there isn't any guide for creating GST backends (but it makes me
remember that I should write one...), the way I'd recommend for adding
new distros is to do a hash mapping, just like in the
gst_network_get_parse_table() function of the network.pl file.

regarding to the files looking in /proc, any of the backends that are
used nowadays do that, so you must be looking old and/or still-to-port
backends. As far as I can see, you only should port the next files:

network-conf
network.pl
users-conf
runlevel-conf
service.pl
time-conf
partition.pl

boot* files are for lilo and grub, and are supposed to be distro
independent

please have a look, and ask any doubt. sorry again for the delay (I'm
saying this too often, :-(((( )

	Regards, and thanks for your support