[Setup-tool-hackers] GNOME System Tools 0.26.0

Hi!

I've been watching this tool on FootNotes (www.gnomedesktop.org) and I finally
decided to give it a go. I installed them on my machine (my distro is mandrake
9.1) and started to port the scripts for my distro.

The first one I ported is the one for the network tool (network.pl). It is the
same as the other distributions (mandrake 7.2, for instance) and I added to the
hashs the entry. The network tool works. When I have the time I'll port all the
tools, but for now I need this one working.

The reason that made me use version 0.26 is that there are network profiles.
They are quite usefull since I have a laptop which connects to very different
networks and I have to keep configuration files for all those "profiles".

My problem is that the profiles do not work :-(

When I create a profile (Save Profile as) and hit Save it gives me an error
about being unable to write to a file. I'm not at the system right now (I'm at
work) so I can't past it here, I'll past it as soon as possible. I have a couple
of questions:
- Do the network profiles work? Do I have to do any extra porting for them to
work? Because everythin else seems to work: I have an ethernet card with static
IPs and DNS and ocasionaly use a recent Software AMR "LinModem" :-)
- What kinds of tests should I do to check if my backend works? Everything seems
to work ok with the mandrake-7.2 backend, but is there any way to be sure?

Thansk in advance,
Bye