Re: [BuildStream] BuildStream license compliance: taking steps further

Hi again,

On 2018-12-19 17:55, Agustín Benito Bethencourt via BuildStream-list wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 15:58:39 WET Paul Sherwood wrote:
Hi Agustin,
please see my comments inline...

On 2018-12-18 11:20, Agustín Benito Bethencourt via BuildStream-list
wrote:

<snip>

> 4.- It says more than we might think about the professionals and
> stakeholders behind the project to more and more people.

I represent a stakeholder, and I completely failed to even notice the
licensing adopted by the project. That reflects badly on me, obviously,
but I don't see how focusing any effort on compliance is going to help
in the slightest. i Please enlighten me :-)

I think Ibrahim Haddad[1] nailed it in his book edited in 2016[2]

A few days ago a new version of the book has been released: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/compliance-and-security/2018/12/open-source-compliance-in-the-enterprise/

<snip>

Best Regards

Agustin