Re: Control-center styles

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 05:04, Seth Aaron Nickell wrote:

> George <jirka 5z com> said:

> > > Get a new mouse, this isn't an argument for having to have on either it
> > > takes no more motor control skills to click a close button than a close
> > > in the window frame
> >
> > If it is larger, it does require less motor skills.  Imagine you're 80 and
> > your hand is shaking.  Is your response: "Get a new hand!" ?
>
> It should be very easy for a user to change the size of the window management
> buttons. If the buttons aren't large enough to be used, we're sucking a lot
> anyway.

I might be wrong, but the only way I know of to change the size of the
window management buttons in Sawfish is to change the theme.  Therefore,
its hard for the user to change the size of WM buttons.

As for the size of the buttons, they are (usually) large enough to be
used.  Just usually not as large as a nice, big, easy to aquire "Done"
button.

As we can never be sure what WM the user is running, it seems to me that
the simplest thing to do is to always include an "Ok" or "Done" button.

After all, if people don't want to use it, they don't have to.  The user
can use what they are most comfortable using - a "Done" button or a
frame close button.

Nicholas Curran
<quasar austar net au>