Re: patch for the "About GNOME" dialog box

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Andy Tai wrote:

> Hi,
> The attached is a patch to gnome-about.c in libgnomeui
> for your consideration.  It adds a line "GNU Network
> Object Model Environment" to the "about GNOME" dialog
> box, as well as a hyperlink from the word "GNU" to
> www.gnu.org.  I think it is a good idea to show
> explicitly what "GNOME" stands for.  Right now no
> where is the full name of GNOME displayed and that can
> be confusing to the new user.  Tbis additional display
> also helps promoting the concept of Free Software.

As far as most people seem to be concerned GNOME is the short form
for 'The GNOME desktop'. I quite ceratin that the thing that runs on my
desktop is in fact a desktop environment, and with the present state of
'network objects' in Gnome you can hardly claim the 'NOME' part is
actualized in some form. Why confuse people with something that by now
probably belongs in the category of 'X desktop trivia'?

Just IMHO of course.

> Thanks for your consideration,
>
> Andy Tai

	Sander