Re: Network Servers feature?

> What would you expect it to show ? It's the root directory of network:
> so it's '/'

Well it shows / and a folder icon. To me it would make more sense if it
showed network: and the network servers icon. ATM it just looks kinda
broken..

> I bet it says you don't have a master browser. Adding a better error
> message to Nautilus would be good. (And I thought I already did it)

For me it still says "Nautilus cannot display smb://"
but, yeah you were right, i just set a master browser and now it works.

A few more things - if they aren't total crack i'll bugzilla them:

1. When i browse into a computer, eg. smb://dogbert, i see a link to the
current location(dogbert) as well as the shares avaliable. Is this ment
to be there? it doesn't really serve a puropose.

2. It would be cool if network servers was in the Nautilus "Go" menu

3. It would also be cool if the Up button worked when browsing the
network.

4. Any plans to add support for authentication? Some shares (eg. $HOME
shares) depend on what user name is used. Maybe do like smbclient and
log always log in with the current user name, prompt for a password if
needed.

5. It's been said before, but people don't think of computers running
samba or "windows file sharing" as servers - maybe "Network Locations",
"Network Places", or my favorite - move the "Network Servers" item from
Applications to Actions and call it "Browse Network"

Later

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]