Re: gnome-multi-term

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
- write a GtkTreeView with keybinding names in left column, gtk_accelerator in right column, and double-click to change the accelerator (i.e. a "keybinding editor widget")

	Of course, it would be really nice to write this once for the
BonoboUIHandler, and serialize the result as an XML <keybinding>
section, but ...

They aren't menu accelerators, they're things like Alt+1 to switch
tabs.

I think keybindings are nicest in gconf as:

keybindings/tab_out_of_terminal   "<Ctrl>Tab"
keybindings/switch_to_tab_1       "<Alt>1"

rather than:

keybindings/all_keybindings       "<big-ass XML string>"

etc. - since this is sane in gconf-editor.

I plan to have a global toggle that makes Alt+f for file menu, Ctrl+v
to paste, etc. pass to GTK vs. go to the terminal. I don't have any
better ideas for handling those. However I'm not sure how I'm going to implement making them pass to GTK... it may involve some rather
questionable hacks.

It should be fairly easy to do this with GtkAccelMap and GConf. It should be possible to listen for changes on certain accel paths, and propagate them out to GConf. By listenning for changes on those keys, you can call gtk_accel_map_change_entry() to make the change. This should allow global changing of stock accels, which would be good. I think you can also mark certain accel paths with gtk_accel_map_add_filter() so that each app doesn't save these accels again in ~/.gnome2/accels.

Don't know how this would apply to non gnome apps that aren't using GConf.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/