Re: intltool deps

On 1/16/02 4:19 PM, "Chris Chabot" <chabotc reviewboard com> wrote:

> While compiling some gnome2 stuff from scratch again, i noticed that my
> intltool caused my compiles to fail. Upgrading to the newest version
> (0.12) fixed the problem. However the .spec file and pkgtool checker,
> gave no version errors... might be worth to put those deps in the
> gnome-2.0-alpha release to prevent stock linux distro users from having
> to go thru this ? ;-)

This is a tricky point.

The way intltool works, it becomes part of the package when generating the
tarball. You don't need any version of intltool on your system at all to
configure or build. The intltool scripts that were copied into the package
at autogen time are used. You only need intltool if you want to autogen the
package again.

That's the theory at least. If that's not working, we have a problem.

So I'm not sure that .spec files should mention intltool at all.

I don't know what the "pkgtool checker" is.

    -- Darin