Re: backwards compatible .desktop files

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:49:08PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Some distributions have had patches in them for a while to handle UTF-8;
> it's hard to do this portably without pulling in pretty big framework
> (a good chunk of GLib2), but I think that Kjartan has this code in
> the latest gnome-libs stable release, conditionalized to at least work
> on Linux/Glibc.

Oh cool, didn't know that.  In any case how does it decide which file is utf8
and which is locale encoded?  I suppose dentry needs to understand the
"Encoding" key and use that as well.

If this is the case then we can just install in both location without feeling
bad about it :)

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   The great masses of the people ... will more easily