Re: Where is the desktop-guide applet?

 --- Rui Miguel Seabra <rms 1407 org> wrote: > From: Rui Miguel
Seabra <rms 1407 org>
> To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> CC: Benke L?szl? <decko mailbox hu>
> Subject: Re: Where is the desktop-guide applet?
> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:52:17 +0100
>
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 05:18:41PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Benke L?szl?">
> > > Recently I build GNOME 2 from sources, it works, my only
> problem is that I
> > > can't find desktop-guide applet nor tasklist-applet. Can you
> tell me where
> > > it is?
> > Desktop Guide is now the "Workspace Switcher"
> > Tasklist Applet is now the "Window List"
>
> This is oversaying. Both applets pale in comparison with their
> antecessors.

matter of opinion really.

I know they are different than their predecessors, but personally
after you get used to them I think they work better and more
intuitively.

I originally didn't like the new window list but after discussion it
was improved and now I find it preferable.