Re: GNOME 2.2 screenshots

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 16:40, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org> writes:
> >
> > Since there has been some time since we last had some screenshots on
> > this list I thought I should remedy that situation.
> > Here is two shots I just made in preparation of the GStreamer based
> > Media Player.
> >
> > The first just shows the media player:
> > http://www.gstreamer.net/images/mediaplayer030-1.png
> >
> > The second shows the media player and rhythmbox:
> > http://www.gstreamer.net/images/mediaplayer030-2.png
> >

> This reminds me - we need to be thinking about getting these apps into
> the GNOME 2.2 release process. Well, probably we should first be sure
> there's consensus to include them (I'm in favor of it personally).
>
> If these are part of gnome it will be our first major gnome piece
> that's not in our CVS/bugzilla - which complicates tinderbox and
> Luis's life, perhaps.
Actually we moved to GNOME Bugzilla shortly after GUADEC. Also we are
willing to give CVS access to any GNOME hackers who want it. (Actually
most of us considers ourselves GNOME hackers even if mostly working on
GStreamer, hope there is no objections to that from the wider GNOME
community :)

Rhythmbox and Monkey-media is in GNOME CVS btw.

> I'd say 2.2 components really should land in the next couple months,
> with a commitment to compile daily and be usable/dogfoodable all the
> way up to the final release in 6 months. Does that schedule work for
> rhythmbox and the media player?
I would be very suprised if that would be a problem as both apps have
been working like that for some weeks now and we plan on no major
changes except the change in scheduler (which should not impact either
of those two apps at all) in the core in preparation for 0.5.0 (lots of
little fixes needed however :).

We also have a video recorder application which I think will be ready to
go in for 2.2. Don't now how people feel about including such an app.

Christian