Re: Connect to Server feature

Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 04:56, James Henstridge wrote:

This sounds very similar to the Windows "My Network Places" virtual folder (hate the name, but like the functionality). It is basically a way to store links to often used file shares, computers, webdav servers, etc. To add a link/shortcut into the network places folder on windows, there is an "Add network place" icon in the folder itself, which is nice as it associates the action of adding the icons with the window where the icon will appear. Maybe this would be a good idea for hadess's network: folder.

It's the same, except that here you add the shortcuts from the dialog,
not from nautilus.

There is a dialog on Windows too. I was talking about the way that the dialog is launched (on windows, by double clicking on the "add network place" icon). It may be worth doing something similar here (and would solve hp's concern about dependence on the menu panel).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ |   http://conf.linux.org.au/cfp.html