Re: VTE

> Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now that gnome-terminal is branched I think we should switch it to VTE
> > by default, and if all goes well eventually drop the Zvt option.
> >
> > VTE has working i18n, it has accessibility support, it has good
> > terminal emulation, it works with Xft2/fontconfig/Pango, it has all
> > the transparency features and so on. We've been using it in Red Hat
> > rawhide for a while with no major complaints.

Hi:

We cannot switch to vte by default until vte's accessibility support is
complete and thoroughly verified.  The accessibility support for zvt is
extensive and verified, and at this time we do not have resources to do
this verification for vte.

The verification is a significant-sized project and really only someone
like Marc who is conversant with the specific needs can effectively do
the verification.

-Bill