Re: Connect to Server feature

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> said:

> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 11:35, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> > Just for the sake of mentioning it. Instead of adding all these different
> > favorites type folder uris (network://) why not just create a favorites
> > folder (favorites://) (can be used to replace nautilus bookmarks
altogether
> > actually) which has subfolders, like network places etc.
> >
> > That way all nautilus favorite locations are accessible from one central
> > location instead of ten different uris.
> >
> > What I'm really getting at is that we need to integrate this feature with
> > similar ones (eg. bookmarks) to create a consistent easy to use UI.
>
> Do you *really* use bookmarks for directories on your local HD ?
>
> I find this useless, and I'd be glad if it was removed. So I think it's
> a no.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> /Bastien Nocera
> http://hadess.net

I don't personally use you bookmarks for local directories, but some users
do. My point is that instead of having bookmarks lets just have a common
folder for favorite stuff, network folders etc. Other cool stuff we could do
is save the search results in a folder format once we add search back to
nautilus in the future.

But yeah i agree with you bookmarks as implemented in nautilus are pretty
lame and a mac os style favorites directory makes a lot more sense for a file
manager/shell app imho.

dave