gedit-2.0 not creating files with correct permissions

Hi,

I have a directory called 'pub' that is accessible for all users which
allows every user to modify other users files, providing they are in the
group 'personal'.

Every other program including Gnome-1.4  (gedit) and eek Kde3 (kate)
creates files with the correct permissions, ie:

-rw-rw-r--    1 mark     personal     2146 Jul 20 16:31 test.txt

but when  creating them with gedit-2.0 they all come out as:

-rw-r--r--    1 mark     mark           57 Jul 20 16:27 Untitled.txt.

Has there been an updated version of gedit to fix this, or should I
check out bugzilla?

Has anyone else come across this yet?

Oh I'm using RH 7.3 with gnome2 in /opt/gnome2 built from the official
gnome2 release tarballs and my umask settings are setup correctly (other
wise the other programs would be doing the same?)

Cheers

Mark

---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.