Re: GNOME 2.0 feedback

On 23 Jul 2002, Calum Benson wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 15:33, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > Another thing that may help the usability of the pager would be if the
> > window you moused over prelighted in the pager. This way it might be
> > easier to pick the right window. Right now it can be hard for small
> > windows.
> >
> > Some sort of zooming would perhaps work too, but it sounds a bit hard to
> > get right. I mean, where do you zoom it to? and when?
>
> Before do anything to it, I'd be wanting to know how many people
> actually want to move their windows around in such a small space (even
> between workspaces) and why, when there are quicker and easier ways
> available...

I use it to move windows between workspaces because it gives me a visual
indication of where i'm gonna move the window. It means i don't have to
calculate the number of the workspace i need to drop the window in and
then look for the right workspace name in the menu.

Alt-drag and then switch workspace using the keyboard works used to work
in metacity, and it's pretty quick, but that was lost when the Alt-Fx
keybindings were removed.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a world-famous native American cowboy who dotes on his loving old ma.
She's a pregnant hip-hop bodyguard who don't take no shit from nobody. They
fight crime!