RE: Extending the panel

ATM I can't provide a screenshot but perhaps I can explain myself better.

I currently use the applet for my panel that displays the programs I have
open ( task manager I think its called).  As you know it simply shows the
title of the program with its icon.  This is very similiar to how MS Windows
does it.

OTOH, Apple takes a little different approach.  Instead of showing you the
program name and icon it shows you the entire window (only when its
minimized though, otherwise it would clutter too much).  This I think is
very cool becuase (1) one it more visual and (2) its easier to switch to the
program I want.

I hope Im explaining myself well, if not perhaps someone with OSX can
provide a screenshot of what I mean.

Also (perhaps Im getting carried away ;-) another think I like about Apple's
dock is that when you click on the icons they would open up the current
program window (if its already open) instead of opening up a new process.

Perhap we could have another option in the panel prefs to either behave more
like ms or more like apple.  Could be neat.

Thanks for you time.

Oh and sorry for the "disclaimer message" my company appends that to every
external email.