Re: Getting SashXB into the standard GNOME distribution

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't SashXB based on the gnome 1.4 libraries, and mozilla (1.0 now i think). I don't know if any more gnome 1.x releases are planned that have the intention to ship new features. Also the gnome 1 & 2 platforms don't include or require mozilla (yet?). So presumably this will be something of a complicating issue.

Presumably this can change once mozilla works with glib2/gtk2 (work on this is being done, especialy by blizard redhat if im not mistaking? But it is still a while off) And SashXB working with the gnome 2 platform.. this is all just theorising ofcource.

I think your plan of taking over the world, would be best served by lobying the distributions (redhat, suse, mandrake, debian?) Since they have stable targets you can aim for, and you will reach the most people.. People who compile gnome from the tarballs will know how to find SashXB anyway ;-)

   -- Chris

Ari Heitner wrote:

Hi,

SashXB 1.0 came out a few weeks ago
(news.gnome.org/gnome-news/1023914863/index_html, sashxb.org). It's gotten
pretty darn mature and stable since it first became part of GNOME almost two
years ago.
We want to know what hoops we have to jump through to get the SashXB runtime
(a little over a meg) included in the standard GNOME distribution. This is
very important to us, as it is the next stage in Taking Over the World.
I'm not going to go into the technical details of what SashXB is or how it
works -- there's piles of documentation on the website. If anyone has any
questions, I'll be happy to field them.

desktop-devel-list mailing list
desktop-devel-list gnome org