Re: Default WM theme settings

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 13:49, Jens Knutson wrote:

> 1) We simply choose Crux or Klarth as they are, and simply put up with
> their usability or appearance issues, respectively.
> 2) Crux's bad behavior will have to be fixed
> 3) Klarth (or even a Klarth-like clone) will need a "makeover" without
> changing its functionality.
>
> So which of these is going to be the least work, and thus the most
> reasonable at this point?

Obviously 1 is the least work, but it's also not a good idea.  My
feeling is that 2 would be rather difficult, because one of the
usability problems is adjusting to titlebar font-size.  3 might be
rather easy, but will require some love from someone with artistic
skills (look at the Sanity theme to see how much I lack these). In fact,
it would be more or less trivial to re-skin Sanity's infrastructure,
which supports all the usability features that Klarth does (though I
haven't released the support for resizing the titlebar along with the
user's font, since scaling the flat images in Sanity looks awful with a
gdk-pixbuf sawfish).

| Jason F. McBrayer                         jmcbray carcosa net  |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |