Re: Default WM theme settings

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 21:43, Michael Toomim wrote:
> Would it really be easy to re-skin Klarth or Sanity?  Two of Klarth's
> features are its ability to match one's gtk theme and to resize itself
> proportional to one's font.  Both of these features are hard to design
> decorations around, aren't they?  I figured that this was one of the
> reasons that Klarth and Sanity have simple looks.

Well, I don't know how hard it would be for Klarth, but it would be
fairly simple for Sanity, depending on the new graphics.  Both of those
features put some constraints on the new decorations, but there's still
a lot of latitude.  You couldn't do Crux, for example; you could do the
colours, but the breaking-up-boxes design wouldn't scale to different
heights well.  Looking at the most-downloaded themes at
classic.themes.org, it would be pretty easy to duplicate most of them,
but it would be ncier to have a new, distinctive look.

| Jason F. McBrayer                         jmcbray carcosa net  |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |