Re: totally awesome gnome-settings-daemon patch!

On 22 Mar 2002, Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
>
> > +  /* just spawn xscreensaver.  it's special. */
> > +  system ("xscreensaver -nosplash &");
> > +
>
> Can we use g_spawn or the like here?  If we're going to require
> xscreensaver (which is probably smart) I'd like to get a real dialog if
> it doesn't exist, instead of just an "xscreensaver: command not found."
> in my .xsession-errors.  Also, do we ever not want to start
> xscreensaver?  Should we add a key for this, or is that too much crack?

On the contrary, not having an option "disable screensaver" that causes
the system not even try to launch it sounds "on crack". Not all
configuration erquire, need or even want a screensaver, even if the
average desktop isn't one of those.

> Thanks,
> -Jonathan

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding