Re: totally awesome gnome-settings-daemon patch!

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 12:48:48AM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2002, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> On the contrary, not having an option "disable screensaver" that causes
> the system not even try to launch it sounds "on crack". Not all
> configuration erquire, need or even want a screensaver, even if the
> average desktop isn't one of those.

  Most screensaver tend to use quite a lot of CPU cycles, I really
think that keeping an user option about not activating it is needed.
It can be also a real pain for some uses, like if you do presentations
with your laptop or at a show or teaching courses where the default setup
is a Gnome desktop.
  Please don't do that by default.

Daniel