Re: Addition of two new modules under cvs.gnome.org

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shivram U" <shivaram upadhyayula wipro com>
To: "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>
Cc: <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 11:29 AM
Subject: RE: Addition of two new modules under cvs.gnome.org

> Hi Havoc,
>
> > It's fine to keeping these in CVS, but getting them into the GNOME
> > module list will probably require an answer to the question "why
> > didn't you just port procman to support Solaris" (for the ProcView
> > one).
> >
> > Havoc
>
> Keeping these in CVS should be fine. This way interested developers can
> access them and work on the same.
> The reason i didnt port procman to support Solaris is because procman
> depends on libgtop and i took out the dependency with gprocview.
> Ofcourse these are still in the infancy stage and have a long way to go to
> get into the GNOME module list.

So the answer here is to make libgtop work on Solaris ;) Otherwise if you
port gprocview to Linux for example, you will be in essance rewriting
libgtop.

Now if you really feel like rewriting libgtop, then perhaps I would be
willing to port procman to your new library (considering libgtop is
unmainted code and scares me a lot ;)

Regards,
Kevin