Re: dropping files onto launchers

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
	Just a heads up. You may drag and drop files onto launchers
and the app gets opened up with the file you dragged onto it.

	*but* each app that wants to support this must have %F, %U
etc. in the Exec field of its .desktop file. Please read

how are normal users ever going to be able to do this?
	click on a file on the desktop, drag onto the launcher icon
and drop - or am I misunderstanding your question ?

<user mode on>Well the thing is i make my own launchers, and i do not know i have to add %u and %f stuff to whatever 'command line' or whatever that is they told me to type in</usermode off>

Basicly, if this does not 'magicly' work, there's a very small chance a actualy user is gonna get it to work.. end result would be that drag and droping files on launchers is worthless from a users perspective

I gues the way out is to 'hope' most applications know that param 1 == file name they need to open

	-- Chris