Re: Bugs preventing release

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 23:19, mike wrote:
> > For a list, check out:
> > http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert?get=7a204ae4c139b5dc
> >
> > And note that this count basically doesn't include keynav and
> > accessability issues, nor does it include gtk issues. It /does/ include
> > bugs artificially inflated to 'high' because they have patches, though.
>
> I did a quick check at random and quite a few have been fixed in latest
> packages, were compile issues or were not really bugs (eg: default
> programs in nautilus)

Compile issues /are/ bugs; I'm not sure what your definition of 'not
really a bug' is, but I'd definitely be happy to discuss it via bugzilla
in any relevant bug.

As for bugs that appear to be fixed in the latest packages:

If there are bugs you think are fixed in latest packages, /please/ make
that comment in the bug and close it. The more correct that list is the
better off we all are. I can do a lot, but I cannot possibly manage the
entire thing and review all those bugs without help- help both from
developers (who need to close bugs when they fix them, dammit!) and from
volunteers. I hope developers on this list step up and use bugzilla
more, and I hope non-developers (like you, Mike) step up and help out
with this kind of cleanup.

Looking forward to hearing that more bugs are closed-
Luis

P.S. Because I was at a wedding and otherwise engaged this weekend, I'm
still catching up on bugzilla mail (I'd down to 1400 now) so I may not
be as prompt responding to comments in bugs as I usually am. Please find
me in #bugs if you want to talk with me directly about any bugs that you
think are fixed or aren't fixed (that's an open offer for Mike or anyone
else.)