(no subject)

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 10:32, iain wrote:

> > No it shouldn't ! It shouldn't save and load the old levels, that's what
> > the scripts in your /etc/init.d are for.
>
> I *think* the original reason this option existed was for people who had
> gmix started in their session and didn't know/couldn't be bothered to
> set up the init script. I'd be in favour of removing it and not doing it
> at all.

Yeah, I think that's right. It seems weird to have launching the volume
control modify the current volume. If we're worried that init.d isn't
doing this on some systems (I think most systems handle this correctly
these days, right?) a better place might be gnome-settings daemon, since
that would happen at login.

re: the comment that user's can have different preferred volumes... This
is a possibility, but they shouldn't have to launch the mixer to restore
their previous volume settings. That's a really silly way. If we need
that feature, it should be implemented at login not when you launch the
mixer.

-seth