Re: PATCH: panel run dialog redux

Il mer, 2002-05-08 alle 13:36, Calum Benson ha scritto:
> iain wrote:
> >

> > Really? I disagree.
> > I think if there's a label that says "Known applications" and no
> > applications listed that the user will think there's no known
> > applications and not try clicking the widget.

> >From what I remember of MacOS apps, they tend to use the same label
> whether the expander is open or not... I couldn't find anything in the
> Mac styleguide about them, though :/

I believe MacOS use expander arrows only in finder or at least in
filesystem browsing related things

> (MS Windows doesn't have an official expander control, but if it did I
> wouldn't be surprised if they made the label a hyperlink... which,
> whether you consider it a gross abuse of hyperlinks or not, at least
> makes it pretty clear that you're expected to click on it.)

Outlook use some sort of expander for the treeview of mail folders, and
based on my users it doesn't seems clickable at all. btw they draw a
bevel around the label on mouseover. Evolution does the same.

Something like what sodipodiwith does with the toolbox is nice IMHO, but
the clickable item should be different when expanded perhaps. What about
a togle button with the foot-menu icon on it?

just my 2 euro cents.