Terminology: Perhaps in the future switch launcher -> Shortcut

I'm not sure if this actually the right list to bring this up, but i
thought i'd suggest that in the future, post gnome 2.0, that we switch
from using the term launcher for .desktop files in the panel and
nautilus to shortcuts. This is the term used by windows for similar
functionality, and sounds a little nice in my opinion. I filed bug 81210
with the hig on this.

Also related the current method for creating launchers (shortcuts hehe)
is kind of confusing and difficult. Are there any plans to make more of
a druid for creating .desktop files in the future. It would be nice if
this was included in a more general gnome lib, so that it could be
better integrated into nautilus.

dave