Re: patch to tasklist and libwnck

> My patch just has a option for a fixed size. And my code doesn't yet work for
> edgepanels (seeing your code, most likly a trivial fix).

Yes, it works on edgepanels as well.  I would have liked to find a way to
get the size of the handle widget somehow, but I couldn't find a way.  And
Damien told me to just use the magic value ;) if anyone can help me out on
that, please do.

> Did you file a bug for that problem? In that case we could have avoided
> duplicate work (got some other bugs i'd like to fix).

I think I did, but at this point I'm too tired to check ;)

> > Let me know if this is useful and ok to commit.  And don't spare me just
> > because this is my first gnome patch ;)
>
> Does your patch handle the problem that a window list applet on a vertical
> float/sliding panel starts up with only the handle. It would be nice if this
> case would work reasonable without a "please unbreak me" option[1].

Yes.  The schema installs a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 4096 (big
enough, exact number not really important) so that at least something
shows up ;) 50 is a good sensible value inviting you to choose more if
necessary.

> But one of these patches should go in before Gnome 2.0.0 is released, it
> doesn't matter for me which one (or a fix of one, or...)

I agree.

> Now it's time for one of the folks that can commit or review these patches.

I can commit if some others have reviewed it and tell me it's ok to
commit.
Please look a little at the glade file, I used glade-2 to edit it but had
to hand-edit lots of stuff ;)

Thomas

Do you wanna have a party ?
Do you want to have some fun ?
Do you want to stick your hand in the sun ?
<-*- thomas apestaart org -*->