Re: patch to tasklist and libwnck

On Saturday 11 May 2002 18:48, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
Hmm, sorry for not posting this earlier, but I had been away most of the
weekend.

> I've sent it to Alex a few times for revision and this one should be
> pretty clean.  It implements a minimum_width (useful for sliding and
> corner panels, this is the size they'll take) and a maximum_width (useful
> for edge panels to limit the space they'll take).

I see a problem here, your patch only addresses the problem in horizontal
panels, am i right? I think you should modify your patch so that it works for
the vertical orientation too. I admit the vertical case is not as broken
without a patch as the horizontal case. But the minumum height hardcoded into
the wla is not enough to be useful.

I think the two options you have added are enough, just make sure you replace
width through height in the UI and code for vertical panels.
(your default of 50 pixels minimum height would be less than the standard 88
pixels, but this won't be a problem)

I'd be happy if this could be fixed, else I have to keep my patch around for
me;-)

Martin H.