Re: menu editing status, and prelim. patch

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 18:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I'm considering adding a <ParentQuery/> element which would represent
> > the extended folder's query clause, to allow users fine-grained control
> > over the items that show up.  But this is most likely overkill as I
> > don't foresee users ever editing queries.
>
> FWIW Owen argues that menu editing is already a 'leet or admin
> feature, so we should just have a query editor app.

FWIW, 'how do I edit menus' is the single most asked question in #bugs,
it was the most reported bug in bugzilla until we removed the menu
item[1], and when Ximian broke it in 1.4, it was the most reported bug
in bugzilla.ximian.com.

So... that's why I think it is a 2.0.0 showstopper :) That said, I'm
still fuzzy on how the vfolders are supposed to work so I'm unclear as
to what the functional difference between a query editor and a full
blown menu editor would be.

Luis

[1] people stopped reporting it as a bug but they kept asking about it
in #bugs and #gnome