Re: root-tail

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:13:52PM -0600 or thereabouts, Mark D'voo wrote:
> is there a program similar to root tail that will work while nautilus is
> drawing your desktop??  If not, how would you go about creating one ?

(a) I don't know (but it sounds cool)

(b) if you mean "how would you have the thing drawing all over the
place if nautilus is drawing the root window?", then one program
which doesn't care whether nautilus is drawing the desktop or not
is xpenguins, according to its homepage. I don't know whether it's
been updated to deal with Gnome 2 (I suspect not), but perhaps
looking at that might help?

http://xpenguins.seul.org/

Telsa