Re: static gchar security

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 14:55, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
> It would be *very* insecure.  Any root-level program could pick up that
> password very easily just by examining /dev/kmem.

	Argh ... why ? if root has been compromised - they can attach a
debugger to my ssh-agent, and use whatever method is used internally to
decrypt my internal un-locked private key - and then they are me ! [1]

	Worse - they can poke at all my private files.

	Trying to protect against 'root' is a madman's game - surely.

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] - is your sense of identity inextricably bound to a large prime ?