Re: lock down features

Hi,

So George is right about the importance of this. In fact I think we
should go ahead and add some simple short term stuff to 2.2:

 /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_applets
 /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_panels
 /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_panels
 /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_applets

(or alternatively a can_add_remove and can_move flag per-applet to
lock the particular applet)

This is going to be very simple code:

 if (can_move_applets) {
    /* already-existing applet move code */
 } else {
    /* do nothing */
 }

I'd consider this as important as menu editing, etc. that we snuck
into 2.0.x, and also a lot simpler/easier/safer to implement. What do
people think? I'll write the code.

Maybe people want to follow up with a list of things we should be able
to lock down.

Havoc