Re: OT: undefined function reference

> I realize this is slightly off topic, but it's for a gnome app, and it
> seems that people here would know what to do.

Yes and probably.

> but I get undefined reference in
> src/dialogs/seahorse-delete.c to "seahorse_ops_key_delete" that is in
> src/ops/seahorse-ops-key.  How can I fix this?

I can't tell without seeing more, but two common reasons this happens
(It's very early and I could be mixing stuff up here, but you get the
idea) are a) you didn't include the header where the undefined reference
is declared or b) your app is including an already-installed header of
your app that didn't have that function yet.

> libdialogs_a_SOURCES = \
> 	seahorse-delete.c seahorse-delete.h

I'd have to check, but I don't think it's a good idea to put your headers
in your SOURCES for files you build.  Normally, you only have the .c files
here, putting .h files in a noinst_HEADERS or similar variable.  This led
me to believe you might not be including your headers properly - looks
like you're treating all of your .c and .h files as .c files.

> libops_a_SOURCES = \
> 	seahorse-ops-data.c seahorse-ops-data.h \
> 	seahorse-ops-text.c seahorse-ops-text.h \
> 	seahorse-ops-file.c seahorse-ops-file.h \
> 	seahorse-ops-key.c seahorse-ops-key.h

same here.

Thomas

Another Love Song
That is written
Still nothing said
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->