Re: GEP-2 Theme Sets (aka Metathemer)

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:01, Calum Benson wrote:
> So, I presume the process now [1] is that everyone gives it the quick
> once over to make sure we haven't missed any functional requirements
> altogether, and then we vote to decide which of the documented
> requirements we actually agree on.  And then we turn it into a UI design
> that will be a panacea for all GNOME's problems forever and always...

Item 5 of the section 2.1.1 General requirements states:

"Set of themable properties should be extensible. This includes, either
directly or via an extension mechanism, the ability to theme properties
that are not stored in gconf, for instance, for better Mozilla
integration."

My personal opinion is that we should not support mozilla/open
office/(name your favorite broken app) themes directly beyond using the
Xsettings mechanism for setting colors at least in the user visible ui
(ie the theme configurator). This will lead to a messy confusing ui.
Also isn't support for native gtk widgets planned for mozilla?

dave