Re: Theme Set, part two

On 30Aug2002 01:28PM (+0100), Bill Haneman wrote:

> I don't agree with the number-of-clicks argument, keeping Fonts out of
> Theme Set just decreases the number for some use cases at the expense of
> others.

It seems that the requirements for a desktop theme facility are
somewhat at odds with the requirements to use themes as an
accessibility feature.

To me this argues that themes shouldn't be the mechanism used to do
accessibility features like "large fonts" or "reverse video" or "high
contrast". Indeed, on some other systems I've seen, the latter are
separate preferences which are kept with accessibility preferences,
rather than special themes, and are totally orthogonal to the theme. I
think the fact that Windows conflates these with themes is sorely
mistaken.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to pick the theme of your
choice *and* use large fonts.

Regards,

Maciej