RE: GEP-2 (metathemer)

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 19:53, Calum Benson wrote:
> I think my main concern is about the 'extensibility' aspect... allowing
> a theme to specify arbitrary(ish) Gconf pairs is a neat idea and easy
> enough to design a UI for, but unfortunately in the real world most apps
> aren't themeable via GConf...

	Sure; but of course - it's pretty easy for a theme to provide a set of
gconf key/value pairs:

[snip: theme_foo_gconf_pairs]
# Turn off the taskbar
/foo/bar/taskbar FALSE

# No nautilus frobnication
/foo/bar/frobincation FALSE
[/snip]

	etc. without having really any impact on the UI; at least that's how I
read the requirement - which seems excellent to me since I hadn't
thought of it ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.