Re: Creating non-"default" keyboard shortcuts

Don Blackfoot <don potpie org> writes:
> Is there any way to assign key bindings or "shortcuts" that aren't in
> the "GNOME default" list?  I've got a few that I just can't live without
> so I'm presuming that users aren't locked in the select few actions
> listed as default.

Which ones are you looking for specifically? For binding an arbitrary
command to a key shortcut, there's no GUI for it yet, you have to use
gconf-editor or gconftool for now. Look under /apps/metacity if using
metacity.

BTW, it's best to ask user questions on gnome-list gnome org, or the
forums http://www.gnomesupport.org/forums/ - desktop-devel-list is for
discussion of hacking on gnome itself.

Havoc