Re: Creating non-"default" keyboard shortcuts

One of the things you can do, which I assume you are aware of and that
must be documented somewhere already is that you can easily override menu
item shortcuts in most Gnome/Gtk app's simply by hovering over the menu
item with your mouse and then clicking the desired keycombination.
(backspace clears the keybinding).

Sincerely
Alan Horkan