Re: Creating non-"default" keyboard shortcuts

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 04:17:59PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> One of the things you can do, which I assume you are aware of and that
> must be documented somewhere already is that you can easily override menu
> item shortcuts in most Gnome/Gtk app's simply by hovering over the menu
> item with your mouse and then clicking the desired keycombination.
> (backspace clears the keybinding).

FYI: This only works for some Gnome applications(can't find one at the Moment).
For most gtk only applications it should work. But Gnome removed this feature(Or
it needs some unknown gconf key) because of implementation problems (Bonobo menu
merging).

So this is mostly a gtk only feature.

Martin H.